There are 3 kinds of adventurers
What kind of adventurer are you?
...and just know...many of us are a little of each of these!! :)
The Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) has defined adventure travel/tourism as travel that includes two of the following three elements:
- Physical Activity
- A Cultural Exchange or
- Interaction & Engagement with Nature
means those that prefer soft & hard adventure, examples include....
means those that prefer soft adventure, examples include....
- Archeological Ruin Walks - Lite Hike / Walking
- Leisure City Tours - Horseback Riding
- Hop On/Off Bus Tours - Leisure Kayaking*
- Canoeing* - Non-Motorized Sports
- Museums - Snorkeling
- Zoos - Tubing
- Food/Culinary - Voluntourism
- Archeological Expeditions - Motorized Sports
- Hiking - Trekking
- Bungee Jumping - Rafting*
- Camping - Research Expeditions
- Canoeing* - Safaris
- Cycling* - Sailing*
- Expedition Cruising - Scuba Diving*
- Fishing/ Fly Fishing - Snorkeling
- Hiking - Skiing/Snowboarding*
- Horseback Riding - Surfing*
- Hunting - Voluntourism
- Kayaking* - Ziplining
means those that prefer hard adventure, which includes....
- Archeological Digs - Rappelling
- Backpack Expeditions - Running of the Bulls
- Base Jumping - Scuba Diving
- Bungee Jumping - Skiing
- Cliff Diving - Snowboarding
- Free Climbing - Surfing
- Hang Gliding - Wakeboarding
- Kite Surfing - Waterfall Kayaking
- Paragliding - Water Skiing
- Parasailing - White Water Rafting
Extremist...usually an individual in this category picks something and that is what they excel in. They know everything there is to know about this one activity, they have all the gear, and their travel is usually centered around their chosen activity.